Southern Arizona Dream Center’s Grant Writer is responsible for developing and writing grant proposals to grant-making organizations and will persuasively communicate Southern Arizona Dream Center’s mission and programs to potential funders. The Grant Writer will assemble and submit grant requests, establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with granter contacts, conduct prospect research, and maintain a calendar of submissions and other deadlines.
This position requires someone who has excellent research, writing, and communication skills, is self-motivated, reliable, organized, thorough and timely. This is an unpaid volunteer position.
- Work with team to develop and implement an annual development plan/strategy to increase annual grant income
- Develop/write grant proposals to foundations and grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating organization’s mission and programs to potential funders
- Assemble/submit grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations
- Conduct prospect research
- Report progress in grant research, grant submission and outcome to Southern Arizona Dream Center’s leadership
Previous grant writing and fundraising experience.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Time Commitment: The minimum commitment expected is around 7-10 hours per week.